BAM11 launches today, breaks ground for ANZ esports with over 1,000 pre-reg! Full Feature lineup.
May 17, 2019
Written by Berzerk
Australian fighting game championships BAM11 launches today, breaks ground for ANZ esports with over 1,000 competitors pre-registered
Australia’s largest open esports event, breaks a major attendance milestone and offers $50,000+ Prize Pool at its 11th Annual event. Full gaming festival schedule announced.
Melbourne, Friday May 17, 2019 – CouchWarriors announced today that Australia’s national championship for fighting games, part of global esports circuits, has confirmed over 1,000 players are already preregistered to compete, a 15% increase year on year. BAM11 is on track to beat last year’s 2,000 total attendance. Record breaking numbers have signed up for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Tekken, Mortal Kombat and more. Across all events, there is over $50,000 in cash and prize value to be won. Also a gaming festival with cosplay, artist alley, indie developers and a PC LAN, the full schedule of features for players and spectators has been announced.
BAM11, presented by Mortal Kombat 11, returns to Melbourne Convention Centre starting today Friday, 17th May and running to Sunday 19th May.
- Some tournaments are still open including for spectators.
- Tickets at the door or online at www.smash.gg/bam11
- All major tournaments will be streamed live on Twitch.TV. Full schedule
- Watch the Event Trailer:
BAM11 attracts international pro players to Australia, while simultaneously launching local players on the global scene. Three ANZ based players will win trips to EVO World Championships in Las Vegas.
BAM11 is the Australian stop for global circuits for Tekken 7 as a Master event in the Tekken World Tour, and Street Fighter V as a Ranking Event on the Capcom Pro Tour.
Among the 42 events at BAM11, this is first mega event for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and the first major for Mortal Kombat 11, the event presenting partner.
An unmissable event in the gaming community, especially for fighting game fans. As an open entry event, every player has the chance to play world champions, and become a national champion. The record breaking numbers continue in individual tournaments.
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate – 340 entrants. The biggest fighting game tournament in ANZ history
- Tekken 7 – 257 entrants. The biggest Tekken event in ANZ history, returning for the second time as a Master event on the Tekken World Tour
- Mortal Kombat 11 – 122 entrants, Mortal Kombat’s biggest ever ANZ tournament
- Street Fighter V – 120 entrants, 6th year on the Capcom Pro Tour.
- Super Smash Bros Melee – 140 entrants. The grand tradition continues
Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V have multiple world famous international players arriving on our shores including JDCR (South Korea), Xian (Singapore), Gamerbee (Taiwan), Kbrad (USA) and Bonchan (Japan)
Activity for Spectators, Gaming and Pop Culture fans
Alongside these marquee tournaments there are hundreds of players across 42 events. It’s not only fighting games, as BAM11 plays host to great features that Spectators can enjoy
- AMD and MWAVE PC LAN area featuring APEX LEGENDS, QUAKE CHAMPIONS, BRAWLHALLA and ROCKET LEAGUE
- BAM11 COSPLAY COMPETITION
- ARTIST ALLEY featuring local artists and official Street Fighter artist Chamba
- INDIECADE Indie Games Showcase – Local developers showcase their titles
Competitor passes for five “Platinum” level titles are closed but Gold and Silver level tournaments are still open, and Spectator tickets are available all weekend for only $20 including at the door.
BAM Path To EVO – launching ANZ players on the world stage
BAM11 will also determine which 3 ANZ players will be declared best in region for Tekken, Street Fighter and Smash Bros, winning a trip to the EVO World Championships in Las Vegas in the finals of the BAM Path To EVO series.
Schedule and Where to Watch
All these tournaments will be live streamed on Twitch.TV channels
- www.twitch.tv/Tekken (Tekken World Tour)
- www.twitch.tv/couchwarriors (Street Fighter)
- www.twitch.tv/couchwarriorssmash (Super Smash Bros Ultimate)
- http://twitch.tv/newgameplustv (Mortal Kombat 11)
- http://twitch.tv/blessrng (Soul Calibur VI, Dead or Alive 6, Dragon Ball FighterZ)
- http://twitch.tv/melbournemelee (Super Smash Bros Melee)
- http://twitch.tv/oceaninksquids (Splatoon 2)
- http://twitch.tv/firery (Guilty Gear, Blaz Blu and more anime fighters)
- http://twitch.tv/Ultimate_Sacrifice (PC LAN: Apex Legends, Quake Champions)
- Register online www.smash.gg/bam11
CouchWarriors, established 2006, is an expert in gaming tournaments and esports events. A community run not for profit with over 10 years experience, grown from the vibrant fighting game community. Hosts of Battle Arena Melbourne (BAM), Australia’s largest open entry esports tournament event. CouchWarriors offer casual and grassroots events, scaling to tournaments at the national level. Both beginner to expert players have room with our inclusive approach, from a professionally minded tournament team. CouchWarriors also offers commercial events services from tournament organisation and administration, live streaming, event management and staffing. CouchWarriors have supported events including Melbourne Esports Open, Madman Anime Festival and PAX Australia. To learn more about CouchWarriors, visit www.couchwarriors.org, www.facebook.com/couchwarriors, or www.twitter.com/couchwarriors